Transform your iPad into an on-the-go multi-track recording studio.
More than just a mixer, the Alesis iO MIX is a four-channel audio interface that delivers safe and secure iPad integration. Together, your iPad and iO MIX serve up a totally integrated recording studio that can accompany you down the street—or around the world. Simply slide in your iPad, attach the 30-pin or Lightning dock connector, and lift the hinged door into position. Your iPad is now safe and secure in a road-ready package that offers unlimited access to the multi-touch screen. Load up your iPad with any compatible Core Audio app—including GarageBand—and your studio is open for business.
The Alesis iO MIX delivers on the dream of four-channel mixing and recording on your iPad. Now, you can mix, shape, and record four channels of audio—or a stereo mix—directly to your iPad. The iO MIX provides all of the necessary connections, as well as compact four-channel mixer for making the most of every performance. There are even a few surprising pro-level features to enhance your recording experience.
STUDIO TO GO
With its compact design, iO Mix is the perfect portable studio. Bring it to your band's practice space, the next gig, or a weekend recording session. The mixer section is intuitive and easy to use. Each mixer channel features both a volume fader and a pan knob, plus a two-band EQ for extended tone control. Multi-color LED meters make it easy to monitor your recording levels. Switch on the built-in limiters and enjoy recordings free from overload clipping. The headphone output—complete with a separate volume control—and the direct switch allow for low-latency personal recording. You can even switch to Mono mode for accurate mixing.
CONNECT & CREATE
iO Mix offers a wealth of audio connection to make the most of any situation. Each input includes a gain control knob to provide proper recording levels. Switchable low-cut filters reduce low-frequency interference—such as noise from microphone stands—in both live mixing and recording situations. The four XLR+1/4" combo inputs accommodate nearly any audio source. Selectable phantom power allows for the use of professional condenser microphones. Input 1 features a level switch to accept an electric guitar or bass directly—ideal for using iPad based effects! The main Left and Right outputs are balanced 1/4" jacks, perfect for connection to any sound system.
- Record up to four channels at once—individually, or as a stereo mix
- 4 mixer channels; each with pan, level, peak LED indicator, plus Hi and Lo EQ
- The multi-touch color iPad display provides extensive control
- 4 XLR+1/4" combo inputs feature low-cut filters and gain controls
- Phantom power, switchable for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar/line level switch on Channel 1 allows direct guitar or bass recording
- Main stereo outputs with level control; headphone output with separate level
- Direct mode for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any audio app in the App Store
- Hinged door completely encloses and protects your iPad
- Power supply also charges your iPad
- iO Mix
- Power supply
- Apple 30-pin dock connector
- Apple Lightning dock connector
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- XLR+1/4" Combo jacks (x4)
- Gain knobs (x4)
- 75 Hz Low-Cut filter (x4)
- Phantom Power switch (x2—Channels 1-2; Channels 3-4)
- Guitar Direct level switch (x1—Channel 1)
- Power Supply Input
- Main (Left, Right) 1/4" TRS balanced
- Headphone: 1/4" Stereo