A true Fender classic, this 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb amplifier from Fender draws from the most authentic, original Fender tones. The well-known "Silverface" panel represents an era where Fender amps were a staple, go-to tube amp for performers and studios throughout the rock 'n' roll world.
The 68 Custom Deluxe reverb features a 1x12" Celestion speaker, with reverb and tremolo on both the "Custom" and "Vintage" channels, the 68 Custom Deluxe delivers big sounds from an amp that is portable enough to take from gig to gig.
Here's what Fender say about the 1968 Custom Deluxe Reverb Amp
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Deluxe Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the ideal recording and performing amp. Small, light and moderately powered, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Deluxe Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silverface" amps. In a special twist, both channels boast reverb and tremolo, and the "custom" channel has a modified Bassman tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals. The amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity. The '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb's single 12" Celestion G12V-70 speaker also delivers a more distinctively rock 'n' roll flavor.
- Model Name: '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Wattage: 22 Watts @ 8 ohms
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4)
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 17.5" (44.5 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 42 lbs. (19.05 kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: One - 12" Celestion G12V-70
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 12AX7), (2 X 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (2 x 6V6)
- Unique Features: Modified Deluxe Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels, "Vintage" channel for traditional silverface operation, modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, fitted amplifier cover included, five-year warranty (United States and Canada; other territories may vary).
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic